The 10 Commandments of Marriage –
Genesis 2: 24 Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and clings to his wife, and they become one flesh. 25 And the man and his wife were both naked, and were not ashamed. 
October 4, 1970, my father, Rev. Nicholas Hood Sr., wrote a document that he distributed to married couples in the church entitled, “The Ten Commandments of Marriage.” The following is a summary of “The Ten Commandments of Marriage.” If you would like a free copy of the entire document, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, write me at the church, 600 E. Warren Ave. Detroit, Michigan 48201
The Ten Commandments of Marriage:
- Thou shall understand what marriage really is.
- Thou shall accept each other for what each is.
- Thou shall talk things through.
- Thou shall trust one another.
- Thou shall forgive one another.
- Thou shall develop a sense of humor
- Thou shall be loyal to one another.
- Thou shall take the positive approach.
- Thou shall cultivate thy romance.
- Thou shall make thine a Christian marriage
Sunday, October 29, 2017, I will lead a roundtable discussion for married couples and those who are thinking about getting married entitled, “The Ten Commandments of Marriage.” This “roundtable” discussion will take place at 1 PM at the Plymouth United Church of Christ, 600 E. Warren Ave. Detroit, Michigan 48201. If you are unable to attend in person, I invite you to check it out on Face Book Live at Plymouth United Church of Christ Detroit. I am interested in hearing your thoughts about the “Ten Commandments of Marriage.” What would add or delete to this list?
Rev. Dr. Nicholas Hood III
Pastor and Senior Minister, Plymouth United Church of Christ
600 E. Warren Ave. Detroit, Michigan 48201
More about the prayers, photos and meditations and books published by Rev. Dr. Nicholas Hood III at https://nicholashoodiiiministries.wordpress.com/