How Sweet Are Your Words!
The Word of God is described in Psalm 119 as “Sweeter than honey…” For the Word of God to be “Sweet” represents several things. It represents hope, joy, peace and everything good. When a person seeks guidance, and asks me what should they do, instinctively I turn to the Word of God. Regardless if it is the sting of death, the wonderment of love, frustration in raising children, the fear of failure, sickness and depression, I encourage people to turn to the Bible. Listen to the what the psalmist says about what the Word of God means.
Psalm 119: 103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 
Listen to a little more about what the psalmist says that the Word of God means.
Psalm 119: 104 Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore, I hate every false way. 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
There are several ways I incorporate the Word of God into my daily life.
- I read something from the Bible every day.
- As I read the Bible I ask myself, how does the passage of scripture that I am reading inform my thoughts on any number of subjects?
- Ultimately, the actions that I take are based on what I have read from the Word of God.
- The Word of God serves as a warning for me to resist temptation and an encouragement to make good choices.
- The Word of God gives me joy when I am sad
- The Word of God gives me peace with my life
- The Word of God helps me in my interaction with others.
Questions for Reflection:
- What do you think the psalmist means when he describes the Word of God as sweet?
- What does the word of God mean to you?
Prayer: Lord, your word means so much to me. Through your word, I find instruction. It is your word that gives me hope. When I am sad, your word gives lift to my spirit. When I am lost, your word gives me direction. Sweeter than honey, stronger than strength, smoother than smooth, your word means so much to me. Through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior I pray. Amen.
Written by Rev. Dr. Nicholas Hood III
Photo by Rev. Dr. Nicholas Hood III
Additional Prayers Photos and Meditations from Rev. Dr. Nicholas Hood III at https://nicholashoodiiiministries.wordpress.com/
 The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version. (1989). (Ps 119:103). Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.
 The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version. (1989). (Ps 119:104–105). Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.