Spiritual Enhancement – 10 Steps
- Pray often and regularly
- Pray prayers that cover the following elements: Praise, Confession of Sin, Thanksgiving, Intercession, and Supplication
- Set aside time for meditation and contemplation
- Read the Bible one chapter at a time
- Read or listen to the Bible with a plan that balances your reading (Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, New Testament) such as “The One Year Daily Audio Bible”
- Find and read some sort of spiritual devotional such as the one I write – https://nicholashoodiiiministries.wordpress.com/
- Google key Bible words and themes
- As you proceed to solve problems ask yourself, “What would Jesus have me to do?”
- Try to embody love in all your interactions with others
10.Consecrate yourself from things and people who might tempt you to think and act apart from God’s way.
Prayer: Lord, enhance my faith. Lord, I want to walk a closer walk with you. Show me your way. Teach me to read your word more often. Humble my spirit in prayer. Help me to ask myself in every situation, “What would Jesus have me to do?” Lord, help me to embody love in every interaction with other persons. Consecrate me from those people and things that would drag me away from you. Enhance my faith. Deepen my hope. Grow my love. Through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior I pray. Amen.
Written by Rev. Dr. Nicholas Hood III
Photo by Rev. Dr. Nicholas Hood III
Additional Prayers Photos and Meditations at https://nicholashoodiiiministries.wordpress.com