Present Your Body as a Living Sacrifice
This Wednesday evening at 7 PM I will lead a Bible Discussion in my backyard called, “Burgers and Bible.” The topic will be Romans Chapter 12. This chapter starts off with a powerful concept that centers around the human body as a sacrifice to God:
Romans 12 I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Wednesday evening. I intend to engage those who are present in a discussion about this topic of “Presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice…” The following is a short sneak preview of my thoughts about “Presenting your bodies as a living sacrifice…”
- The human body is a gift from God
- Because the human body is a gift from God, we should not only take care of our bodies, but tend to the body as something special that God has loaned to us.
- “Presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice” includes:
- A willingness to stand up for justice and peace, even if we are forced to suffer
- Physically witness on behalf of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Live life guided by principals of love and not hate
- To worship God physically, emotionally and spiritually.
If you are in the Detroit area and would like to join in this Bible Discussion over hamburgers, hot dogs, potato chips and watermelon, please stop by my home on Wednesday at 7 PM. Call 313-831-2460 for directions.
Questions for Reflection:
- What does the concept of “Presenting your body as a living sacrifice” mean to you?
- Is it possible to “present your body as a living sacrifice” if you do not take care of your body?
- Under what scenario could a person pay a lot of attention to their body, but still not “present their body as a living sacrifice”?
Prayer: Lord, draw me closer to you. Create within me a willing spirit so that I might treat my body as a gift from you. Teach me to eat those foods that will enhance the body and not degrade my body. Fill me with a desire to tend, build, and shape my body to the glory of your name. Make me proud of this body. Grant me a sense of protectiveness of this body. Teach me to be uninhibited in sharing my body in love. Show me how to present my body as a living sacrifice that is acceptable to you, O, Lord. Through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior I pray. Amen.
Written by Rev. Dr. Nicholas Hood III
Photo by Deacon Mike Daniels
Additional Prayers Photos and Meditations from Rev. Dr. Nicholas Hood III at https://nicholashoodiiiministries.wordpress.com/
 The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version. (1989). (Ro 12:1). Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.